Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our Olympic Torch Experience.

I decided that today was the day we were going to go and see the Olympic Torch. I would have loved to go to the Coquitlam celebration with friends, or take in the Vancouver celebration with the celebrities, but I work on Thursdays and Fridays....so today was the day. I took all three kids by myself and am pretty proud that we survived all together!  I was quite afraid I would lose one of them on my own, so I wrote down my cell phone number and put it in Shaylah's pocket just in case.  Good thing she didn't need it.


Each child had their face painted with one of the mascots.  Shaylah chose Quatchi.

Caelan wanted Miga.

Ashlyn decided on Sumi.


Here are the kids waiting for the torch to come.  They were so good and stayed where they were supposed to.  I was amazed.
The cauldron prior to it being lit.
The cauldron being lit.  It was amazing to be part of this experience!

2 comments:

  1. looks like a great time! We missed the official Coquitlam celebration due to illness, but caught the torch running up Laurentian. That was quite fun, but no cool face paint! We also caught Olympic fever at the Openning Ceremony dress rehearsal last night. Exciting time for Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job taking them on your own! Love the face painting...we didn't have that in Langley.

    ReplyDelete