Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pre-school

Shaylah has officially finished her first year of pre-school.  She did such a great job this year and learned so much.  She has also made some great friends.  These are her two best friends....note how much taller she is than the other girls.  I hope she loves being tall and doesn't resent it in the future.


I have recently discovered that Shaylah is quite popular with the boys in her class.  There is one little guy who insists he is going to marry Shaylah and have 5 kids with her (although Shaylah tells me that she would rather marry her brother); another little boy is constantly trying to kiss and hug her and often refuses to leave the class until Shaylah has left; a third little boy who invited her to his older brother's birthday party after being told he was only allowed to invite TWO of his own friends.  I am glad she gets along so well with the kids in her class and I hope she remains confident in her own self throughout her life. 

  

Next year I will have all three of the kids in pre-school.  Shaylah will attend on M,W,F mornings, while Ashlyn and Caelan will attend on T, Th mornings.  I contemplated putting them all in the same class, but thought it would be better for Shaylah to have her own space and her own friends.  The little ones are already very eager to start school, since they already know the teachers and the classroom.  I hope they transition as well as Shaylah did! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment