Friday, April 5, 2013

Sweet seven birthday party

(My first attempt at cake pops)
 
 
Shaylah turned seven years old a couple of weeks ago.  She sure seems old to me these days.  She decided to have her party at 4Cats again this year, but this time we had a paint splatter party.  So fun!  We had to really expand her friend pool this year, since most of her good friends were away for Spring Break.  Next year we will do it a week early!

 
 
Each girl got to take home their own personal splatter creation and then they created one large one as a group.  We took a portion of this canvas (it was huge!) and had it stretched and coated as a painting for Shaylah's bedroom.  I love it!  I think I will use this idea for Ashlyn and Caelan's birthday in the summer....only we will do it in our own backyard.  :)
 
We always do a "no presents" party for the kids.  I want their birthdays to be about celebrating with their friends, rather than getting gifts.  I also know that we are all invited to a million birthday parties each year and the gift giving adds up!  Shaylah is always fine with it because she gets lots of presents from her extended family and she knows that she already has a lot of stuff.  Unfortunately this year, everyone gave her clothes!  She was so disappointed and it kind of made me giggle.  Each time she opened something, I could see her disappointment.  She never said anything to the giver, but as soon as they left she cried and cried.  Poor girl.  It's not like she doesn't have enough toys, she was just excited about getting some new ones!  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment