Wednesday, October 30, 2013

14 months

Micah is 14 months old!  He is definitely in the toddler stage and has me running.  I can no longer sit down and watch him play.  We are on the move constantly, but I love it.



We have been doing some sleep training this month and it has been so successful.  A month ago, I had him in our bed and was still feeding him through the night every 1-2 hours.  It was exhausting.  He is now officially sleeping in his own bed and has slept 10 hours straight for 2 nights in a row.  Oh wow, I never thought we would get here.  I realized very quickly that his problem was attachment.  I now know that if I stay and pat his back until he falls asleep, he feels loved and is not afraid to be in his own bed.  It only took him about 4 nights to start sleeping a good chunk of time.  I slept on the floor beside him and comforted him each time he woke up, but he fell back asleep pretty quickly once he realized I wasn't taking him to my room or feeding him.  We are now all sleeping much better!

 



His language is quite a bit slower to develop than I thought it would be.  We are stuck at only a few words, but I am thankful to say that one of those words is finally "Mama"!  I love hearing that.




He continues to be such an easy-going baby.  He loves to play hide-and-seek, he loves playing at the playground with the big kids (especially digging in the dirt), he is obsessed with eating grapes and he has the best giggle.  We all love him so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment