Monday, April 7, 2014

19 months and counting

Micah is almost 20 months old, so I am quickly trying to write down some of his 19 month milestones before it is too late. So here goes....

Language: he is finally learning some words! Here is his list. "Doda" (doggy); "Dow" (down); "Ep" (yep) combined with a big nod of the head; "Mama"; "Dad"; "two" (always said after I say "one"); "Mou"(mouth) as he points to his lips. The words have started to come on more quickly this week, so hopefully he will keep the trend going. He understands most of what I say, as well as what our nanny says to him in Spanish (which is the only language she speaks to him).

 
Sleep: he slept through the night 3 days in a row last week. I thought we had finally made it! It was all just a trick though. He has been up again the last 2 nights. :( He is napping later in the day now (noon - 2pm), which makes it so much easier to get errands done in the morning. His bedtime is 8pm and he usually sleeps until 7:30am.



Size: he is wearing size 24 months clothes, size 4 diapers and size 5.5 shoes.

 
Personality: He loves to be with the big kids. He watches them very closely and tries to do everything that they do, especially on the playground. He has no fear and loves to climb. If he sees a camera, he scrunches up his nose and makes a funny cheesy grin. It means that I don't have very many good pictures of him actually smiling! If I can't get him to eat something that I want him to eat, I just pretend that it is mine. If I am eating it, then he automatically wants it. Works every time! He loves to give hugs and is great at cuddling. He is just sweet and I can't imagine life without him. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment