Monday, April 12, 2010

Nap time (just my opinion)

This is a rare sight for my little man, but isn't he cute?  Occasionally the kids will fall asleep in the car if we are driving anywhere in the late afternoon, but none of them want to nap anymore.  I also find that if they fall asleep during the day, it is much harder to get them to bed at night or to get them to sleep through the night, so daytime naps were abandoned long ago.  I enjoy not having to be tied to a daytime sleeping schedule and am thankful for the flexibility that has brought to my day.  I no longer have to be home by noon, so it is OK if we are a little late leaving the house to go out in the mornings.  Also, we can stay if we are having a good time somewhere.  It is hard for many moms to get rid of the daytime nap, because it is the only time during the day that a mom gets any "me" time, but I way prefer having that time in the evening once they have all gone to bed at an early hour.  It is always my advice to others who are having trouble getting kids to sleep at night.....get rid of the daytime nap!  It works wonders!!!  (obviously it is not the answer for all sleep problems, but always worth a try)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty amazing how all kid's are different. Josiah was napping until he was 5. Tirzah on the other hand was done by the age of 3!! To this day, she needs less sleep then her brother!

    ReplyDelete