Monday, March 28, 2011

My First Race

I know Johnny won't be pleased with this picture, but it is the only one I have.  This was taken just after I finished my very first running race!  It was only 8km, but you have to start somewhere, right?  It was pretty fun to be part of the crowd, even if the winner almost cut my time in half.  :)  Johnny was so nice to stay with me and cheer me on, even though he could have finished much closer to the front of the pack (thanks!  But officially in the standings I beat him by a few tenths of a second).  I am so thankful for a beautifully sunny day and the amazing scenery around Stanley Park and the Seawall.  Next goal.....a 10k race.  Also thanks to Johnny's family who sponsored our run in the hopes of getting rid of prostate cancer for good and the Cecil for babysitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment