Friday, June 8, 2012

28 weeks and counting

We passed a huge developmental milestone this week for baby....28 weeks! Next stop, 32 weeks. I have no doubt I will make it there. In fact, I feel like I will even make it to full term! The baby had another echocardiogram this week due to more skipped beats and a rate of only 80bpm. Once again, I was told that the heart anatomy is beautiful and it is likely a conduction problem that the baby will grow out of. Baby's heart will be monitored weekly to make sure the rate doesn't drop below 60 or above 180. The baby continues to grow well, with an estimated weight of 1500 grams this week, or the 95th percentile. My cervix has remained stable since I have been horizontal for the past month, so I am to continue with strict bed rest for the next 4-6 weeks. I did get special permission to attend Ashlyn and Caelan's pre-school graduation party at the end the month, as long as I am sitting while I am there and go straight home. So thankful I don't have to miss that one!

I am certainly learning a lesson about giving up control and letting other people help. I have witnessed my youngest daughter go to school with her pajamas on under her clothes and cut her own hair short while being allowed to play with scissors unsupervised. My oldest daughter seems to cry a lot more and has become very clingy to me at bedtime. My son blissfully carries on without a care in the world, but does not want to listen to Daddy's instructions. Johnny has been amazing at keeping the household running. He is still working full-time, but has managed to take me back and forth to the hospital, get the kids to all their sporting events, keep everyone clean and fed, keep the house tidy and the laundry done. He is super-dad in my mind. The only thing he can't seem to find time to do is sleep!

We received a great gift of a Molly Maid cleaning from my friends at work, so I am looking forward to giving Johnny a break from cleaning....at least for a week. We have also been blessed with meals for the family and child care for the kids from our friends, family and neighbors. All have been greatly appreciated. Next ultrasound is in two weeks. Until then, I will continue to stay in bed!

3 comments:

  1. Yahoo, so glad to hear you made it to 28 weeks! Cannot imagine how hard it is to be on bed rest. How do you pass the days? Johnny def. sounds like a super Superdad, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading this update...feels better knowing you are telling us how you all are doing.
    Praise the good Lord for putting you & Johnny together!
    What a wonderful learning curve it is, to rely on other people...well, to be FORCED to rely on them! And HOORAY for preschool graduation!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome to hear all the positive progress and support and love. Ashlyn's new "do" is absolutely adorable! You and Johnny are doing an incredible & selfless job of growing your family and meeting their needs. Praying you both keep getting fed and energized in this very demanding time of life. Praying for babe and your big kids too! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete