Monday, June 25, 2012

31 weeks

Tomorrow I will officially be 31 weeks pregnant. That means I have been on strict bed rest for 7 weeks now (with another 2 weeks of modified bed rest). Phew! This is hard work! I am so deconditioned these days that I need a nap after a quick 5 minute shower. My desire is so strong to get up and walk around, but I realize as soon as I stand up that I don't have any energy and must return to bed immediately. It is exhausting doing nothing! I am worried about what will happen after the birth of this baby. I know I will be quite debilitated, especially since I will likely have a c-section and will have 3 other kids at home on summer holidays. It will not be easy. It is kind of funny to me that I am working so hard at not going into early labor, only to plan a surgery to remove the baby from my body when it is ready. I am not allowed to labor due to a previous vertical incision on my uterus. Hopefully my body will co-operate this time! I had another ultrasound this afternoon due to the heart conduction issues the baby has been having. Baby is growing well, with an estimated weight of 1800 grams. My cervix is still closed and holding at around 1.5 cm. Everything looked healthy again today, which we are so thankful for. Baby is sitting very low in the pelvis this week, but hanging in there! There is a huge developmental milestone at 32 weeks, so I am looking forward to passing that next goal. I continue to get NSTs done every week with the home care nurses and am being very compliant with my doctors orders...doing everything possible to have a term baby! Only God knows the exact date of this baby's birth and I am confident in His plan for this little one.

1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering today how everything was going! So glad to hear that everything is going well on bedrest and that you are 31 weeks! I hear you on a desire to recover well after the C-section as that was important to me too and can only imagine how hard it is being that you have been on bedrest. Will continue praying and will add that to it:) Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete