Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

As a Christian parent, I really struggle with the idea of celebrating Halloween.  I know the kids only think of dressing up and getting candy, but I also know there is a very dark, spiritual side to this "holiday".  I try to make it a celebration of the Fall season as much as possible.  My kids know they are not allowed to dress up as witches, vampires or any other scary being and our decorations consist only of pumpkins.  It is supposed to be such a fun time for kids and I want them to continue thinking of it that way.  I don't talk about the scary side of Halloween, but my little ones find their own fear.  Caelan refused to go to any house that had any scary music or unfriendly decorations, or to people dressed up in strange costumes.  He was up three times in the night after trick'or'treating because he was having scary dreams.  I don't think a celebration that is meant to be fun for kids should end in nightmares.  That is just my opinion!  Enough of that....here are my adorable kids dressed up in their favorite costumes.






No comments:

Post a Comment