Wednesday, May 7, 2014

20 months

Once again, I am really late with this post.  Micah will be 21 months in less than a week!

(the newest softball player in our family)

I am understanding his language more every day.  New words include "more", "wow", "milk", "up". There are probably more I can't think of right now.  He finally says "do-og", instead of "doda".  His gestures and ability to get his needs met have increased significantly.  He constantly has a runny nose, and with his delayed speech, I wonder if he has the same ear fluid issues that his big brother had.  Only time will tell!

(he loves bubbles!)
 
He is just as happy with Dad as he is with Mom, which is a first for my kids.  The others wouldn't let Daddy do anything for them and only wanted Mama (still do!).  He officially sleeps through the night consistently now and still takes 2-3 hour naps each day, usually starting at noon.  He is cuddly and so sweet.  He loves to move, sing, dance, climb....anything active.  He rarely sits in a highchair anymore, but would rather sit at the table like a big boy.  He can drink from a normal cup and use a fork/spoon very proficiently.

(discovering chocolate at Easter)


We are currently battling his first flu bug, which is not fun, especially when I have it too.  I think we brought it back from Disneyland.

(enjoying popsicles in our favorite snack location...on our new deck)

Life is so much more fun with this little man.  I cherish every day with him at home.  My work is currently undergoing some changes, where I may be asked to work more hours.  I am not so sure that I want to miss out on more time with him while he is little.  Prayer would be greatly appreciated as I may have to make an important decision very soon with regard to working more or not working at all.  I am still not sure what the right answer is!

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting to me because Nya is the same (just as happy with dad as she is with mom) and that is a first for us too!
    Huge decision about work. Will pray for you tonight...clarity and peace.

    ReplyDelete