Monday, May 19, 2014

21 months

This little man is such a joy.  The "goofiness" in his personality is getting stronger each week and it is fun to watch.  His latest antic is to scream as LOUD as he can in the grocery store and then laugh hysterically when I say "no".  This is then repeated over and over again.  If I ignore him, he just keeps screaming.  He thinks it is hilarious.  Me?  Not so much.  :)

He has decided that he is no longer a baby.  He refuses to sit in a highchair, so he is now sitting at a regular chair at the table.  He does not like sippy cups, so he is drinking from a regular cup.  He prefers to walk instead of being placed in the stroller.  Basically, he does everything and anything that the big kids do.

He loves to help me in the garden as I am weeding and planting.  He has his own little set of gloves and tools and he digs and pulls weeds right alongside me.  It is so sweet.

New words keeps coming.  He actually put his first 2-word sentence together this week.  I asked him where Daddy was and he replied "Daddy up".  He was right...Daddy was upstairs!  If I ask the kids "who wants _____?", he raises his hand and yells "me!".  Doesn't matter what the item is, he just usually thinks he wants it.  :)

He is not such a big fan of swimming anymore.  Not sure what changed there, since he used to love it.  He does love sitting in the hot tub though.  His parents are both OK with taking baby duty at that point.

He has finally discovered the television.  Not sure I'm too happy with that discovery, but he likes to sit on the couch between his sisters and watch cartoons.  He doesn't have a favorite show yet, but his face lights up when the TV is turned on.

He currently weighs about 25 pounds, wears size 24 months for clothes and size 6 for shoes.  He is full of joy and is very active all the time.  We think he looks like Johnny out of all the kids and seems to have his personality too.  I love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment