Monday, June 23, 2014

22 months

Micah is almost 2 (and totally acting like it!).  He has learned a few things this past month that I wish he hadn't.

1.  He has learned how to climb out of his crib.  The first time it happened I was totally confused.  I had placed him in his crib only to find him crawling down the stairs a few minutes later.  I put him back in his crib, waited outside his room and then heard him knocking on the door.  Such a munchkin!
2.  He has learned to hit people if they don't give him what he wants.  Not cool!
3.  He is peeing in the potty.  Yes, this is NOT something I want to happen!  Once he is out of diapers, he is no longer my baby and I am not ready to accept that just yet.  It is only once or twice a day and totally at his insistence.  I am sure if I encouraged it more, it would happen quite quickly.  Did I mention that I am not ready for this yet?  One thing to note is that he can only pee once he is totally naked.  Even the socks have to be removed.  :)
4.  He is dropping his daily nap.  Oh, how I dreaded this time of life, but knew it was coming.  None of the other kids napped past age 2.

I hate this growing up stuff.  I just want to bottle him up and keep him this age forever.  He is such a joy and so sweet.  I am so grateful for this little man in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment