Sunday, January 24, 2010

Twins

I was recently looking through some pictures on a friend's Facebook page and noticed something that I thought was interesting.  The pictures were of many people that were part of this friend's extended family.  Each person, in the many photos, was tagged by their name, except for two men that appeared to be in their mid-30s.  They were always labeled "the twins".  I felt bad that even after 30 or more years, these two men did not have an identity.  Their names were never mentioned.  They have always been known, and probably will forever be known as, "the twins".  I often call my two youngest "the babies" instead of using their names, even thought they are well past the baby stage.  I have also had several discussions with older sets of twins who found that this happened to them as well....whether they looked alike or not.  These twins often had to fight for their own friends, their own identities and their own independence.  My goal moving forward is to no longer think of my own twins as a pair, but rather one of three very special children in my life.   

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great mommy Mars!!! I am proud of you and I think your children are so very blessed!
    xoHolly

    ReplyDelete