Monday, January 25, 2010

The kids


We have finally figured out a solution to our night-time problems in the past few days.  Shaylah has recently been getting scared at night and would need one of us to lie down with her until she fell asleep.  This would be OK if it was just when she first went to bed; however, she was waking up every 2-3 hours and insisted one of us lie with her each time throughout the night.  It was getting exhausting!  We have finally discovered that as long as the closet door is closed, the bedroom light is on and her bedroom door is open, then the night-time monsters leave her alone.  She goes right to sleep by herself and no longer wakes us up 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night.  It has been bliss!  Although I do have to say that I miss my sleeping buddy during the week when Johnny is not home.  :(


Ashlyn's language is really taking off these days.  She is a little chatter-box and loves to sing songs.  She attends a Mother Goose Program with our nanny on Thursdays while Shaylah is at pre-school and she teaches me the songs when I get home from work.  Favorite phrases of the week include:  "No like it", "Mommy, watch me" and "Caelan's touching me".  She also loves her pink blanket made by Grammy.  This is her sleeping blanket and as a rule is not supposed to leave her bed.  She has just figured out how to get it out of her crib on her own though and I often find her wrapped up in it on the floor.

It is amazing to me how Caelan has seemingly turned into a real boy overnight.  Not only does he love cars, but he points trains out wherever he sees them.  He has also taken a new interest in jumping.  I usually know he has climbed something high when I hear him shrieking "Mommy!  Jump!" from across the room.  He never lands on his feet, but keeps on trying.  He has also started to tackle his sisters.  He loves to jump on them and sit on them.  This does not work with Shaylah, but Ashlyn is a perfect target.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear the monster problem has been solved! It's too bad the hydro bill will now be a little more but the sleep is probably worth the money spent!!! And I love that "Caelan's touching me" comment about Ashlyn's vocab. - so true with a brother :)

    ReplyDelete