Thursday, May 10, 2012

The plan

I finally have a plan in place. I am to see my OB/GYN every 2 weeks, with bi-weekly ultrasounds on the off weeks. I am to continue resting as much as possible and am not allowed to do much around the house. I am taking Prometrium to hopefully slow down the cervical shortening and I will also have an antepartum home-care nurse monitor me in the house for contractions and fetal movement each week. We hope that this will be enough! If my cervix continues to shorten, the plan will have to change, but we are hoping to at least make it until 32 weeks. I also learned today that mothers going into pre-term labour can be given magnesium, which they have newly discovered protects the child fom cerebral palsy. They don't know how it works yet, but it has shown statistical significance in recent studies. I think that is pretty cool! The twins received steroids for their lung development, but not magnesium. Both these meds have to be given when birth is imminent, so hopefully I won't be needing them for several more weeks. Glucose screening test tomorrow. I have never had issues with my blood sugars, so hopefully that will continue!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool about the magnesium. Will be praying for babe to stay happy and healthy in utero until at least 32 weeks. Hope you had a good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete