Friday, September 4, 2015

Micah is Three!

My baby turned 3 on August 13th!  I love this age and wish I could keep him here for a little longer.  Micah is full of energy and mischief.  He just makes me smile everyday.

Micah loves to be my little side-kick.  He is definitely a Mama's boy and I am totally OK with that.  :)  He tells me he does not want to go to school, but I think it is more because he doesn't want to leave my side, rather than being afraid of doing something new.
 

 
Micah has been potty-trained for months now, but he still refuses to wear underwear.  I have not figured out how to make this transition with him yet!  He has a major meltdown if I even suggest underwear, despite promises of reward.  We just continue to put on his pull-ups and he keeps them completely dry day and night.
 
 
 
Micah is still not a great sleeper.  There are many nights that he is up until after 10pm.  I have given up on trying to train this guy to go to bed earlier.   He is not hard to put to bed, he just has to be ready to go.  At least I don't have to get up with him in the middle of the night anymore.
 


 Micah has an extra special relationship with Ashlyn.  They adore each other and she is so good with him.  I love watching the way she takes care of him.

 
 
Micah loves Jake and Neverland Pirates.  I am pretty happy I have not had to live through another Dora and Diego phase.  :)  He also loves Blaze and Transformers.
 

 
We actually flew to the Maritimes on Micah's actual birthday, so we celebrated a bit early this year.  We decided to take him to the local miniature train station for a ride, which is always fun.
 

He is also obsessed with dogs (has to say hello to every dog we see), so the doggy cake was I big hit!
 
We are so glad to have Micah in our lives.  He makes our family so much more fun and interesting with his infectious smile and his energy.  This next year is going to full of new and exciting things and we look forward to watching him make new friends and learn new things.  

 




No comments:

Post a Comment